All human resource functions are managed by the City Clerk's office. Open positions are posted at City Hall and will be displayed here at our website, along with contact information, if applicable. In order to be considered for a position with the City, you must complete an application for employment, which can be obtained at City Hall between the hours of 8:00-4:30 p.m.
The City of Columbiana is an equal opportunity employer and offers the following benefits to employees:
- one week of vacation after one year of service, two weeks vacation after three years of service and three weeks vacation after seven years of service
- twelve paid sick days per year
- eleven paid holidays per year
- state employee health insurance-the City pays a portion of the premium
- state employee retirement-employee required contribution with a City match
- a life insurance policy provided by the City, with several options for additional coverage at group rates through AFLAC, Liberty National and Colonial Life.
- other options for insurance coverage to include disability, cancer, long-term care, all at group rates.
- uniforms, for most employees
- direct deposit
- alternate savings options for retirement-through RSA, RSA1 and a 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
The City of Columbiana strives to provide a competitive compensation package to attract the best candidates to serve our residents as we grow.
Available Job Openings:
The City of Columbiana accepts applications year round and keeps applications active for 6 months. Feel free to come by our office and fill out an application so that you can be considered when we have an opening. City Hall is located at 107 Mildred Street or you can email email@example.com and request an application.
- Public Library Director The City of Columbiana is accepting applications for the position of Library Director for Columbiana Public Library. Applicants must submit a resume and application (available at the library or City Hall) to the City Clerk. Minimum qualifications: Graduation from a four-year college or university plus adequate library administration experience. ALA-accredited MLS degree preferred. Salary DOE. A full job description is available here and is posted at the library and City Hall. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on October 9, 2017.
- Trolly Driver
- Streets and Sanitation Department - General Laborer / Full Time Position Open with Benefits